10 May 2011

First Love

" My daddy used to tell me that the first time you fall in love, it changes your life forever, and no matter how hard you try, the feelin' never goes away. This girl you been tellin' me about was your first love. And no matter what you do, she'll stay with you forever." - Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook


I just began to read the book and when I read this passage I became thoughtful... What is it about first love that makes you unable to forget it? Is it allowed to think about your ex-boyfriend even if you're with someone new? That doesn't mean you love them less, right?


Maybe we shouldn't compare relationships but accept that they are new, different chapters. Each of them.

It's hard to lose something you thought will belong to you forever, but you still have the memories. And those will stay forever.



1 comment:

  1. you're the best damn girl in the whole wide world! ♥

    ReplyDelete