05 July 2011

It feels like home to me

Normally when I've got a cold I feel terrible. But here in Worthing nothing can really get me down at the moment - at least not for longer than an hour - not even a cold (which is actually not that bad). But to begin at the very start of my lovely weekend:
On Friday night we went to the flat of our friends again and after that to the "Tangerine", a bar we've been going almost every night. On Saturday the girls - except J and me - went to London. We decided not go because they did a sightseeing tour (which we are going to do when we're there for a week). So instead we went to Brighton with F & P (the Belgian girls). I don't know how to describe my impression of this city. It's amazing, lovely, perfect. We got ourselves some Chinese Take Away food, which was really delicious, and went down to the beach. Despite the fact that the beach was packed with people it was great. And wooow, the Brighton Pier is really lovely. We tanned a bit and even went swimming, well I did. That's probably where I caught my cold... After the beach we did some shopping at Primark. Seriously, I probably could spend a whole day in there! And everything is soooooo cheap. If only we had Primark in Switzerland... :)
In the evening we went to the "Tangerine" again. Yes, we might be quite dull but it's a bar where we know we'll get in even though we're not 18 yet.
On Sunday we went to see the Salisbury Cathedral, Stonehenge and Bath. I was looking forward to it but with my cold I couldn't enjoy it that much. But still it was a nice day, but nothing spectacular happened so I'm gonna leave this out :)
Well actually there was something... Last night was the first night I stayed at home- yes it really feels like home to me here, even though yesterday I had a little fit of homesickness. It was just a brief moment - ok maybe a bit longer- but I really didn't feel very good. Firstly because of my cold, Secondly because I probably lost my camera (FUCK! - but maybe, if I lost it in the coach, they'll find it), and thirdly I really missed everyone at home. It was a situation I normally would call my best friend, F. She's just the one to talk to when everything is annoying me. But anyway, I already felt better an hour later. Well, I still was tired and for that reason I went to bed early.
Today, finally some excitement in school again :) New Students, YAY. There's an Oman Guy, a Brazilian Boy and a German woman in our class now.
And of course, most exciting happening of the day, our teacher from Switzerland came to visit & check on us. This sounds rather unpleasant, but our teacher's really cool. We went to the beach in the afternoon since we were told it's the last sunny day for a few days. We were quite a group which was actually pretty fun because we were all from different countries. There were S&C (from Venezuela), M(I also call him Milano - from Italy), A(from Brazil), F&P (from Belgium) and us from Switzerland :) This evening then, we first went to the "Tangerine" and then to the "Parrot". It's been the cheapest evening this week since our teacher paid everything - thanks to him!! ;)
However, I'm still feeling a bit sick & that's why I go to bed now, rather early again. But there's nothing I could dream about. Because at the moment, I'm LIVING a dream :)


No comments:

Post a Comment