28 June 2011

see, I knew I'm gonna like you

Tired. Seriously this is like the only word coming to my mind right now...
Maybe it's the weather, the atmosphere or the fact we're going out every night :) And even though I could sleep right now, I don't want to because I always feel like I'm going to miss something while sleeping.
Well, the last two days have been pretty warm & sunny (so not typical for England) so we were quite lucky! Yesterday was our first day of school - which starts btw at 9.30 (in Switzerland at 7.20) - and it was quite fun. We were tested in our levels of English and then got divided into different classes. For me the most interesting fact is that there are so many different nationalities. Only in our  class there are already people from Russia, Korea, Germany, Italy, Venezuela, Spain, Switzerland and Libya. It is also very interesting to talk to them. There's for example the guy from Libya whom I talked...
He's been here now for 9 months and is happy to be here since he also wants to study medicine in England. But the thing is, even if he wanted, he wouldn't be able to go home. And this made me feel quite sad for him. Imagine, you're in a different country, without family, without your friends from home and you don't know if you'll ever be able to go home again because of the political situation in your country... This must be hard I guess. In situations like this I'm really glad to live in such a safe country as Switzerland is.
But however, we already made friends with two very nice girls from Belgium. I like that they are very open-minded and seem to like the same stuff we do ;) So we went out to the cinema last night watching 'Bad Teacher'. I doubt that I've ever seen such a cool cinema. It's quite old and does more look like a theatre than a cinema but I reeeeeally liked it! Since after the cinema we didn't want to go home right away we went to a bar. Everyone here told us we would need to be 18 to go to Pubs & drink alcohol but somehow it worked for us ;) Well anyway, it is really going on a lot up here... Probably this is the reason I'm that tired (which I hope is going to change in the next few days!)










© CK




1 comment:

  1. cute pics and a very beautyful blog :D
    you get the One Lovely Blog Award from me <3

    xoxo Sarah

    ReplyDelete